Duration 00:11:27 Recorded on July 03, 2009
In this fun show, Susan and Dan share reading lists, playlists, film selections, and online activities that will occupy them (and LT producer Jonathan Finkelstein) this summer. Listeners, what’s on your playlist, reading list and fun list?
We have a fun show of vacation playlists. Susan and Dan share their lists along with info they collected from Jonathan Finkelstein, LT producer.
What do you like to listen to?
- Dan listens to trombone music. Italian songs written for trombone players. Joseph Alessi. Latin groove on Putumayo world music.
- Susan doesn't listen to music even though she's a musician. She really enjoys silence. She likes her music live.
- Jonathan listens to podcasts like us, Grammar Girl, the TED Talk and NPR Car Talk.
What do you do on the computer for fun?
- Dan does nothing.
- Susan plays sudoku, watches silly videos and Googles everything (even on her phone).
- Jonathan makes dinner reservations and shops for groceries.
Both Susan and Dan created something fun on Animoto, a new program they were testing. You can see Susan's project and Dan's project.
What do you want to read this summer?
- Dan: Hold On You Lost Me by by Jeanine O'Neill Blackwell and Bernice McCarthy and The Six Disciplines Of Breakthrough Learning by Calhoun W. Wick, Roy V. H. Pollock, Andrew McK. Jefferson and Richard D. Flanagan
- Susan reads for pleasure; crime and relationship dramas. She wants to read Why Don't Students Like School: A Cognitive Scientist Answers Questions About How the Mind Works and What It Means for the Classroom: Daniel T. Willingham
- Among the books Jonathan is going to read is Banana: The Fate Of The Fruit That Changed The World by Dan Koeppel
What movies do you want to see?
- Dan watches videos he gets for free from the public library. Recently he watched The Diving Bell And The Butterfly and he wants to see Dear Frankie.
- Susan sees a lot of PG13 movies with her kids. She reviewed Up! as a great love story (not how Dan's kids described it) and would like to see Land of the Lost. Movies are an escape for her.
- Jonathan still hasn't seen Slum Dog Millionaire, and that's at the top of his queue.